EISBAHN IS OPEN FOR 2020-2021!
PROTOCOLS FOR THIS SEASON
1. Face coverings are required to be worn by all employees, volunteers and any individuals entering the premises. There are no exceptions to this policy.
2. Employees, volunteers and patrons of Eisbahn are required to maintain a distance of at least 6ft between one another when at all possible.
3. Eisbahn will limit rink occupancy per state requirements. If state occupancy limit is 50%, rink occupancy will be limited to 33 skaters.
4. Tables and common surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized at least twice daily. Hand sanitizer will be placed on all picnic tables, in front of the skate trailer and in front of the concessions trailer.
5. All employees, volunteers and visitors to our facility on Marktplatz must report to the skate trailer to have their temperature monitored. Any employee, volunteer or visitor to Eisbahn with a temperature of greater than or equal to 100.4F will be asked to leave the facility and may not return until they have passed 72 hours fever free.
ICE SKATING IN THE HILL COUNTRY
Since 2008, Eisbahn has become an integral part of the Christmas season in Fredericksburg and the Hill Country. Eisbahn attracts hundreds of visitors, skaters, and spectators from local communities and metropolitan areas who come to Fredericksburg to share in our town’s holiday spirit. Last year we welcomed more skaters than ever, and this year we are anticipating to break previous records! For many families, Eisbahn has become an annual family holiday tradition.
One hundred percent (100%) of the families at Heritage School volunteer to work Eisbahn. It is only through family volunteerism that Eisbahn is successful year after year. A portion of the proceeds from Eisbahn is donated to two local charities. In addition, Eisbahn contributes to needs-based tuition assistance for qualifying families at Heritage School.
For more information, please call:
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
HOW DO I SCHEDULE A PRIVATE PARTY?
To schedule a party, please contact or 830.997.6597.
CAN WE RENT EISBAHN FOR A PRIVATE PARTY?
Yes, but only outside of normal operating hours. The minimum charge is $350 which includes skating for up to 25 people and lasts for 2 hours. Once the rink opens to the public, you are welcome to continue skating. Additional people over 25 guests will be billed at the regular day rate of $15 per person. For example, the fee for 35 guests at a private party would be $500.
CAN I SKATE FOR AWHILE, LEAVE FOR LUNCH AND THEN RETURN LATER IN THE DAY?
Yes, your stamp pass is good for one whole day.
DO YOU GET A DISCOUNT IF YOU OWN SKATES?
DO YOU SELL SEASON PASSES?
No. As this is a charity event, we do not offer season passes, but we do offer 10 day passes for $135 which saves you $15! These can be purchased at the rink.
IS THERE ANYTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AT THE RINK?
Definitely! Each year we offer a variety of concessions including items such as pizza, candy, sodas, and hot chocolate.
DO YOU SELL SKATE PASSES TO GIVE AS GIFTS OR STOCKING STUFFERS?
Sure! You can always buy passes at the rink, and they do make great gifts!
CAN WE BRING OUR OWN MUSIC TO BE PLAYED WHILE SKATING?
To ensure that Eisbahn is in keeping with the theme of the St. Nickolausmarkt, Eisbahn plays traditional Christmas tunes and fun upbeat seasonal music. No other music is permitted.
IS THERE A MINIMUM AGE FOR SKATERS?
All-age children are welcome. However, all children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
All those taking part in Eisbahn expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity.